For the record, I know no Spanish. None. Zip. Zilch. Nadda... and that makes it nearly impossible to get anything done on my own. Don't get me wrong, the people are very very nice - and in most cases they know more English than I know Spanish, but that's not saying very much. The nearest local markets already know what I want, as I've become a regular (truth be told, they all know I want cigarettes and the occasional Red Bull)Not knowing Spanish makes it pretty impossible to leave the neighborhood though. I could probably get a cab to the local shopping center - but I would be walking back, carrying whatever I may have purchased - which wouldn't really do me much good.
Inside the same local shopping center, there is an institute that will teach you Spanish, one on one, but for $21 (American dollars) per hour, that's too rich for my blood. Still on the lookout for a more reasonably priced private tutor.
Really starting to think I blew it when I didn't spring for that Rosetta Stone box set when we returned from our last trip to Peru.
No comments:
Post a Comment